Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Changes


I started this blog seven months ago when Husband and I (and the menagerie) moved from Los Angeles to Montreal. The idea of pulling up roots and starting a new life in a new and unfamiliar place was exciting and nerve-wracking, and this blog was meant to be a way to chronicle and share our experiences. Obviously, I fell pretty short on the chronicling.

Now it seems our time in Montreal is coming to an end. Despite planning to be here for several years, an opportunity has come up that will take us back to Los Angeles next month. Leaving so soon is bittersweet for me. LA is home, but I was just starting to get the hang of things here, had started to make friends, and my French was coming back nicely. But I’m grateful for the chance to have lived here even for a short time. Living outside the U.S. was something I'd always wanted to do, and I was jealous that Husband had had that chance before we met.

I’ve started a bucket list of things to do (and restaurants to visit) before we leave. Current front-runner on the list: get tickets to a Habs game. I’ll never forgive myself if I leave Montreal without going to a hockey game. We’ll be here for about six more weeks, and I’ll try to be a more faithful blogger until we are re-rooted in LA.

No comments:

Post a Comment